Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fortunate Son - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame and the Pro Football Hall of Fame


Well, one of my favorite bands of all time is Creedence Clearwater Revival, and I was able to go see the history and roots of their great music at the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH.  Click on the picture below to get a larger view of the sign that explains why the museum is located in Cleveland.


The museum itself is pretty cool. It looks like a smaller Moody Gardens from the outside, but on the inside has some pretty cool exhibits.  They even have one specifically devoted to Austin City Limits.  No Bonnaroo or anything else, but just solid ol' ACL.  I saw two movies, the first of which focused on RNR's roots, and the second focused on its development from Bob Dylan, the Stones, and The Beatles all the way to Madonna.  Bruce Springsteen was a pretty big contributor.

Coolest ATM, ever?

Picture of my picture. The guy that took it was from Corpus and cut me a deal because I was "from Screwston."

Well, an advantage to having a rental car is being able to make substantial detours, like the one I plan on making tomorrow morning when I had to the Louisville Slugger factory and Museum. On the way to Cincinnati, I stopped at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH.  Now it was a pretty cool museum, and if you ever go to Cleveland, I highly recommend it.  But Cooperstown blows it out of the water, for sure.

Pretty boring from the outside

Emmitt, Hall of Famer
Jerry Rice

Make-your-own Ring. 2010 Super Bowl Champions?

For all of you Cowboys fans

Pretty sweet kicks

Some lone evidence in the HOF that the Houston Texans actually exist. Andre HAS to be a future HOF.

Who knew? It's MUCH cooler that no one knows when baseball started.

There she is!

Quite the pair, huh?

AND NOW IT'S TIME TO PLAY "GUESS THAT BUST"!!!!!!  I'll give you five busts, you tell me who they are.  Shouldn't be too difficult...

Bust #1

Bust #2

Bust #3

Bust #4

Bust #5. His expressionless face should be recognizable.

No comments: