Saturday, April 3, 2010

Getting Started Early

I will start my stadium tour on opening day in Houston this Monday with a pretty awesome pitching matchup barring a weekend injury: Oswalt vs. Lincecum at Minute Maid Park.  I look forward to walking around Minute Maid and getting ideas for the blog and how to rate the rest of the stadiums...I'm also thinking about writing a book to summarize the trip.  Maddie Mathews's father, Mr. Mathews, gave me a book a couple of weeks ago written by someone who has attempted a similar voyage.  There's roughly five pages of text per stadium, so it's something I think I can tackle.  I can be verbose when I need to be.

Anyway, here are some Sabermetric stats for the matchup on Monday:




A pretty standard case of a great pitcher on a decline and a great one on the rise. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Oswalt's second-to-last opening day start. He's starting to get the injury bug pretty badly, but his FIP shows he still had pretty good stuff when the defense behind him wasn't bumming around.  I hope he can pitch a gem, but I'm not holding out hope.  I look forward to posting some pictures and adding a post on Monday night.

No comments: